Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week: 6

This blog will be responding to the article Extreme Parenting by Alissa Quart. This article discussed the new children's educational system called Baby Einstein. The Baby Einstein system claims to stimulate your child's mind at an early age. I feel that it is all just a marketing poly. I personally feel that the more important thing a child can be doing at that age is playing with other children or with his or her parents. I believe that these early social connections will produce a confident and happy child by the time he or she starts pre-school or kindergarten. In my opinion if a child spends to much time be his or her self in a room playing educational games, maybe they will be a little smarter, but they will have missed out on vital social connections. In the long run I feel that a somewhat intelligent person with great social skills and confidence will do better in life than an intelligent person who lacks any social skills. My children will be playing outside with their friends when or if I have children. That is the way I was raised and I don't feel like I wasted my childhood doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment