Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Week 9:
I had a very positive experience doing the podcast assignment. To begin with, I was able to pick a topic that I am very passionate about. Tech N9ne has been one of my favorite artists for a long time and I've a lot of accumulated knowledge about his life and his career. This assignment was the perfect outlet for me to express my love for his music. I also really enjoyed the recording aspect of this assignment. In the first 5 minutes of class, when we started playing around with microphones, Salvador and I were already having a blast. The fun continued with I worked on my assignment by myself. And, even though it was tedious, I would venture to say I had a good time editing. It was reminiscent of my high school broadcasting class. I was glad to have experience working with video and audio editing prior to this assignment, because it really helped the process move faster. I would say the recording and editing took a little more than 2 hours. I recommend that Chris Dean continues to assign the podcast because it was such a unique experience and Is easily one of my favorite assignments I have completed in college. The only problems I encountered were technical problems. Audacity ran rather slow on my computer. It still ran but it was just kind of annoying. I also tried to save my project as a WAV and unload it to gauchospace, but that of course was too large. The limit on gauchospace was 100 MB and my WAV piece was 168 MB. But in the end, I turned everything in and was very happy with the result. This was definitively a memorable assignment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment